THE FIRST STONE
Vazovski Mashinostroitelni Zavodi (VMZ) ЕAD is the biggest enterprise of the military and industrial complex in Bulgaria.
The first stone in its foundation was laid on 9 June, 1936.
And on 12 July, 1940 an inaugural ceremony to open the state military factory was held.
Production commenced with hand grenades, 22 mm HE rounds, 122 mm howitzer rounds, fuzes, 75 mm rounds and 105 mm projectiles for Krupp gun.
In the recent years and nowadays the company passed through different stages of its development. Various activities and divisions were started. New production facilities were opened.
Due to the intellectual potential of its engineering staff and high qualification of its executive personnel a wide assortment of defence and civil items has been manufactured during the years of its existence.
VMZ ЕAD traditionally takes part in various events in the country and abroad where it exhibits its latest defence and civil items.
It is a regular participant at the Plovdiv International Fair and Hemus Defence Exhibition.
VMZ ЕAD has its own place in the Bulgarian history as the first and only enterprise decorated with the highest state orders of the Republic of Bulgaria.